Focus: Mental Health and Addictions
- To establish and operate a healing and Iearning centre for Indigenous People
- To promote traditional Indigenous values and beliefs so as to encourage and foster the healing, rebuilding and strengthening of Indigenous communities.
- To promote the spiritual, emotional, mental and physical well-being of Indigenous individuals, families and communities.
- To provide programs and activities responding to the social, cultural, educational and language needs of Indigenous communities.
- To provide opportunities for individuals and families to re-connect with the natural world through land based cultural activities.
4184 Vasey Road
Victoria Harbour, Ontario, L0K 2A0
Telephone: (705) 534-3724
Focus: Drug/Alcohol Treatment
The treatment program offers the following:
- Assessment and Treatment Planning
- A Treatment Program of Individual and Group Counselling
- Nutrition Program
- Recreation Program
- Health Services
- Community Education and Resources
- Aftercare Planning and Follow up
Referrals will be accepted from the following sources:
- Self referral
- Community-based counsellors/agencies
- Detox, halfway houses
- Health and paraprofessionals
- Women shelters/CAS
Referrals are accepted for drug and/or alcohol treatment for person’s age 18 years and over. Persons interested in attending treatment at Sagashtawao Healing Lodge may attend should they meet some of the following criteria:
- 72 hour abstinence
- Former graduates of drug and alcohol treatment centers
- Individuals with addiction related problems
- A desire to stop drinking
- A desire to overcome addictive behaviour
- A desire to commit to healing and recovery
- A desire to explore a life of healing and recovery
- For individuals who may, may not have relapsed
- For individuals who are at risk of relapse
- Have all Referral and Medical forms completed
- Have all medical test results sent in
INDIVIDUAL TREATMENT PROGRAM
“I Have Hope In My Life”
“I Have Hope In My Life” is a six week short-term residential treatment program. The program is offered to people who are experiencing drug and alcohol abuse and its related problems. Sagashtawao Healing Lodge offers a safe environment for clients to address issues that create chaos in their lives with safe and compassionate treatment staff. This program can assist clients either in translation of treatment material or working through literacy barriers.
FAMILY HEALING PROGRAM
The Family Healing Program
The Family Healing Program is a three week residential treatment program which includes all members of the family from infants on up. Parents, children and youth reside as a family unit in the residential part of our facility. We offer a program that is geared to families who are struggling with alcohol and drug addictions and related issues. The Family Healing Program consists of adults attending group and individual sessions which covers a variety of topics. The topics may be geared specifically to the particular group but there will be sessions that include communication, self-esteem, nutrition and more. Recreation activities is also encouraged. The core of the Family Healing Program is based on the culture and traditions of our people. Families participate in daily ceremonies such as smudging/prayer. Drumming and singing may be a part of the daily program. Ceremonies such as the sweat lodge or pipe ceremony will be offered during the duration of the Family Healing Program.
Moosonee is a town in northern Ontario, Canada, on the Moose River approximately 19 kilometres south of James Bay. It is considered to be “the Gateway to the Arctic” and has Ontario’s only saltwater port.
Anger Solutions Program: This program will educate and empower participants to make the right choices about their anger.
Grief & Abandonment: A ten day program designed to give clients a comprehensive understanding of the stages and cycles of grief.
Sexual Abuse Survivors Program: This program will provide a safe, supportive environment in which clients will examine the impact of sexual abuse.
Biidaaban Outreach Services: Providing training, educational seminars, workshops, mobile treatment programs and traditional hands on workshops.
Criteria & Intake Form:
To read the admission criteria and fill out an intake form please visit their website here: http://www.biidaaban.com/intake-form/
We are located in the Ojibways of Pic River First Nation on the shores of Lake Superior. Pic River is approximately a three hour drive east of Thunder Bay and three and one-half hour drive west of Sault Ste.Marie on Hwy 17.
Focus: DPHL Will offer traditional healing approaches to address the underlying impacts of sexual assault, physical, mental & emotional abuse, and family dysfunction.
BEAUTY FROM ASHES (BFA)
Beauty From Ashes is a five-day intensive healing program that addresses issues related to domestic violence, child sexual abuse/child neglect, and spiritual abuse. It is targeted towards female and male adults 18 and over. The residential programming is offered at the Dan Pine Healing Lodge which can house 12 participants (3 per room) per session. All meals are provided. Travel to and from the Dan Pine Healing Lodge is at the participant’s expense.
• Be 18 years of age and over.
• Complete the intake application.
• Stay at the HL for the full 5 days (mandatory).
DAN PINE SR. HEALING LODGE
This location houses Wellness Events, Traditional Healers, and the Beauty From Ashes Residential and non-Residential programs and services.
200 Anishnabe Point Road
Garden River, ON P0S 1C0
More Substance Use Treatment Centres
For more substance use treatment centres for First Nations and Inuit across Canada, please click here.