Wilmot Family Resource Centre’s number one priority is the safety of our campers and staff, while creating an enjoyable experience for our campers this summer. Due to COVID-19, new camp protocols and practices will be in place for 2021.
Our mission is to respond to the needs of individuals and families within Wilmot and Wellesley communities through resident-centered planning and the provision of innovative programs, services and supports. We have asked for input from families in our community to understand their needs for summer programming options. Our summer program options have been based on the needs expressed as well as the provincial and regional guidelines for operating under COVID-19 protocols.
Here is what you and your child(ren) can expect this summer at Day Camp with Wilmot Family Resource Centre:
- A current 5:1 camper to Summer Leaders ratio
- Summer Leaders with post-secondary education, and experience working with children and youth in both camp and education settings
- All activities have been adapted to allow for social distancing
- Attempting to place siblings in the same group to limit household exposures
- Making efforts to pair camper friends together at the request of parents
- Camp does not include lunch, but pre-packaged snacks will be provided
- There will be no offsite field trips requiring transportation or entering businesses
- There will be no visits of onsite special guests
- Camp staff are exploring the idea of live streaming guest speakers
- Screening will take place every morning:
- key health questions will be asked
- campers’ temperatures will be taken to ensure everyone who is onsite is healthy
- To minimize the risk to campers and staff, parents will not be allowed beyond the screening table
- Hygiene and cleaning practices will include:
- increased frequency and supervision of hand hygiene
- increased frequency of cleaning high contact surfaces
These are just some of the current practices and protocols we are putting in place. More specific instructions will be coming, and these are subject to change based on the direction of the provincial and federal governments, and the Region of Waterloo Public Health Unit.
When you register for camp you will receive a pre-camp information package including a pre-camp checklist, informational videos, and details on what you and your children can expect when attending day camp.
The summer program options that we are offering to meet the needs of families in our community are:
Full Day Camp
Full day camp will be held 9:00AM – 4:00PM at New Hamburg Community Centre. The option of extended care will be offered running from 8:30am-9am and 4pm-5pm at an additional fee.
FULL DAY CAMP JR –Ages 5 to 8 years old
FULL DAY CAMP SR –Ages 9 to 12 years old
|Week||Camp Theme||Full Day||+Extended Care Fee**|
|July 5-9||Nature Camp||$180||$218|
|July 12-16||Fairytale Camp||$180||$218|
|July 19-23||Arts Camp||$180||$218|
|July 26-30||Spy Camp||$180||$218|
|August 3-6*||Nature II Camp||$144||$175|
|August 9-13||Out of This World||$180||$218|
|August 16-20||Around the World||$180||$218|
|August 23-27||Explore our Neighbourhood||$180||$218|
|August 30-September 3||Through the Decades||$180||$218|
Pre-registration is required for all summer programs. Call 519-662-2731 for more information.
Payment is required to hold your child’s spot. Payment is refundable up to two weeks prior to program start date minus a $50 administration fee.
A limited number of subsidies is available. Please contact us at 519.662.2731 to discuss details.
Click on the gold button below to download the registration form. Be sure to email the completed registration form directly to email@example.com (only etransfer payments should go to firstname.lastname@example.org). You may also drop the form and payment (cheque or cash) off at our office Mon-Fri 9am-4:30pm. Our address is 1-175 Waterloo St in New Hamburg.