KEEP FAMILIES SAFE.
We know a second and silent wave of impact from COVID is family violence. Learn more about the signs of family violence and easy ways you can help at home, at work and in the community: preventingcrime.ca/KeepFamiliesSafe
Child & Youth Leader (Summer Student)
- A diploma or enrollment in a program directly related to this position
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, strong organizational and time management skills
- Is creative, adaptable and can think outside the box
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to inspire others
- Able to work and contribute to team health and productivity
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Access to transportation
- Clean Vulnerable Police Records Check
- Assists with planning, implementation, promotion, administration and evaluation of program(s) to meet agency goals
- Ensures programs and services are managed in accordance with the agency’s policies and procedures to ensure the safety of participants
- Ensures youth are involved in the program planning process
- Provides opportunities for children and youth to be inspired by positive role modeling
- Encourages partnerships with various groups and agencies, acting as a resource to provide leadership in the youth-centered activities
- Monitors the delivery of programs to ensure program goals of fostering self-esteem, resiliency, empathy and skill development of children and youth are being met
- Assists with coordination of the agency’s organized events including planning, entertainment, promotion, fundraising, media and public relations
- Deals effectively and tactfully with parents and the general public in receiving, directing, and relaying concerns to the appropriate staff
- Other duties as assigned
Pending funding approval:
40 hours per week for 14 weeks. Evening and weekend shifts may be required.
Rate of Pay: $15.00
Apply in confidence with cover letter and resume,
no later than 4:30 p.m. on May 21, 2020 to:
Attn: Hiring Committee
Mail: 175 Waterloo St., Unit 1, New Hamburg
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
In response to the Covid-19 situation, the government has introduced the new Canada Emergency Response Benefit as part of Canada’s Economic Response Plan.
The Canada Emergency Response Benefit Info:
Workers who have lost their jobs or are unable to work should continue to apply for Employment Insurance benefits.
Employment Insurance and Pension applications can be made online at:
Visit the Canada Revenue Agency website for additional information on how the Canada Emergency Response Benefit will help workers.
If you require assistance with any of these services/benefits, please complete a service request form at: Canada.ca/service-canada-e-service Once the service request is submitted, a Service Canada representative will contact you within 2 business days at the phone number you provide.
If you do not have access to a computer and or internet, please call the Wilmot Family Resource Centre office at 519-662-2731.
WILMOT FAMILY RESOURCE CENTRE PART OF THE FOOD BANK OF WATERLOO REGION’S PANDEMIC CONTINUITY PLAN
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, The Food Bank of Waterloo Region will be adjusting their operations and activating the Community Food Assistance Network Pandemic Business Continuity Plan to ensure essential services continue to be offered in our community…read the full release from Foodbank of Waterloo Region dated March 23, 2020 by clicking download button below.
Please note that building entry is restricted at Wilmot Family Resource Centre. COVID-19 screening protocol is to be followed by all visitors to the office.
Visitors must enter through the front door and complete the ‘self-screening tool form’ in the enclosed foyer (exception only for those with accessibility needs; knock on back door).
If answered ‘no’ to all questions on the form, visitor should use the phone provided to speak with staff for assistance. No entry into the main office past the enclosed foyer will be permitted.
Reminder: Please limit 1 person in enclosed foyer at a time for safety reasons.
Our day camp will be packed with great summer fun! There are nine weeks planned with a different theme each week. Click here to view more information on our website. Look for the registration form near the bottom – download, complete and email or drop off to our office. Questions? Call 519-662-2731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our Amazon Wish List to donate non-food items and have them delivered right to our door. Click here to view the list.