One job posting is available (see below). Please read the requirements necessary to apply for this position in the posting.
New Programs Developer
IMPORTANT! WHO CAN APPLY: If you are unemployed, live in Ontario and are legally authorized to work in Canada, you can apply if you meet any of the following:
- actively receiving Employment Insurance (EI)
- have made a claim for EI or your EI period ended within the past three years
- have received EI maternity or parental benefits in the past 5 years and are re-entering the workforce
For further information: http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/employers/jobCreation.html
Start date: July 8, 2019 Duration: 30 weeks HOURS PER WEEK: 33
This position will research, develop, pilot, and evaluate new programs with a primary focus in two areas:
1.) Community learning event(s): Explore current models of learning programs with a goal to implement an informal program designed for seniors, other adults and might also include community leaders.
2.) Develop and implement pilot programs previously identified by WFRC staff
The New Programs Developer will stay alert for other new programming opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work effectively and independently with minimal supervision and in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to research, plan and implement various programs with support from colleagues, and direction from the Project Overseer
- Education, experience, transferable skills and/or training related to this position
- Excellent organizational and program development skills/capabilities
- Working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, internet; basic knowledge of Excel
- Must demonstrate a commitment to understand and uphold the mission and values of WFRC
- Reflect on past and current programs with a focus on what might be expanded or enhanced and what are the needs not currently being addressed that fit within WFRC’s mandate
- Research, develop, implement and evaluate the first learning event
- Design, promote, coordinate, implement newly identified program
- Assist with promoting and marketing the event(s) through social media and other methods.
- Working with the Community Animator, explore alternative methods to impart information about agency programs and services at these events
- Wilmot Family Resource Centre organizational responsibilities
Submit your resume and cover letter, no later than 12:00 p.m. on June 13, 2019 to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 519-662-2158